The term "hustle" gets a bad rap. It often gets used as a verb and carries the negative connotation of unwanted force. Design Rehab would like to give the term "hustle" some love as a noun by launching an editorial campaign entitled, "The Healthy Hustle".
The Healthy Hustle is an editorial/interview piece about those in our community making moves and being covered in our media. Each interviewee is involved in the creative media industry and has garnered much attention in their respective fields. From those with the gift of gab to photographers, illustrators, digital artists and traditional artists; everyone of these candidates possess a talent that they utilize to stay afloat in this working world and remains to be shared.
The first installment of The Healthy Hustle is that of San Jose. The city just south of the Bay, often referred to as Silicon Valley, shouldn't just be known for technology and abundant nightlife - let us acknowledge the following talent. Below is a brief of The Healthy Hustle candidates and their perspective editorial launch dates. Enjoy.
- - - - - -
• Ratha Nou of Stablabs.com, a young hustler making moves in the motion graphics community. He currently operates under the name Stablabs and is located in San Francisco and San Jose. Due to premiere October 1st.
• Courtney Escanio of itsdesignrelated.com A hustler indeed, fresh off her heels from New York, this hungry soul started itsdesignrelated.com and garnered the attention of those around her successfully curating the Art Unlimited art show at Fatlace and building relations along the way.
• Mark Gamab and Dan Diggity, names you should keep in mind if you are a sneaker head. Mark Gamab is one half of the collaborative sneaker venture PLSTK and Dan Diggity runs the Public Relations. Look for them at the Thread trade show if you plan to attend next month in SF.
• Sean Lazzo of MixMelter. A digital illustrator, a turntablist and a designer. You do the math, major talent at the helm.
• Cutso and Goldenchyld of the Fingerbangerz. Aside from moving crowds at the clubs, these two DJ's made waves in the Bay Area producing tracks and working closely with MTV's America's Best Dance Crew season one winners, the Jabbawokeez. Goldenchyld is currently on tour with Carlos Mancia.
- - - - - -
Along with these interviews will be a Design Rehab Prescription Package consisting of a tag-less, fitted white V-neck, limited to 150 pieces and come with a 1'' embroidered patch on left chest (available in mens & women sizes). Along with these V-necks is a vial with a set of three 1'' pins and Healthy Hustle clear vinyl stickers all enclosed in a zip tight bag available for purchase on designrehab.com on October 1st.